Today’s post is a little different. As I embark on this new journey as a doctoral student, I am excited to where it ends: Doctor of Education degree. I am working and enrolled in graduated school, pursuing my Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with emphasis in K-12 education. At the same time, I just recently experienced the most honest conversation with a loved one. It really pained me to say the truth to them. However, I was emotionally exhausted. I believe I have held in my truth for so long that my emotions have been shut down.
I can not believe I waited so long to finally say, finally what my TRUTH WAS!! I poured out my feelings and my only response from this family member was, “Thanks for your honesty.” When someone consistently hurts your feelings, and you pour out your heart, and this is their response, it’s not you (that has the problem), it’s them. I know know that I am not the crazy person. I am growing and trying to better myself as an adult. I wish everyone will see their path to an healthy adulting journey.
On the other side, I am finishing the first class in my doctoral journey and I am excited and scared at the same time. Never fear! The journey Ma’am is all worth it. Have you ever experienced a tough conversation? How did you handle it?
Duchess Meghan dazzled in a sunny yellow dress from American designer, Brandon Maxwell. Please enjoy the video montage below of today’s event.
Meghan’s complete look today
Dress: Brandon Maxwell ($523)
Shoes: Manolo Blahnikhq ($832)
Earrings: Adina Reyter ($498)
Here is the full video of the Royal Wedding. Enjoy! Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel. History: There has never been a Duchess of Sussex; however, the (previous) Duke of Sussex was the son of King George III. The new Duchess of Sussex, is also the Countess of Dumbarton and Baroness of Kileel.
Harry smiled so many time. He cried. He was a beauty to see in his love for Meghan.
Wedding Program Cover:
Purchase on Nordstrom and receive 15% off. Price was
- ($160 Value)
- 15% off
Supreme: Here are some swatches of the new Qween Supreme eyeshadow palette from Mac Cosmetics. The color swatches are from the new line and the images below show the color shades on two different skin tones. From the swatches, you can tell that these beauties are very pigmented.
- MAC Girls Risk Taker palette (to purchase link) : What it is: Cross the lines in the bronzes and loudmouth pinks of Risk Taker.
- MAC Girls Classic Cutie Palette
So ladies and gentleman, happy shopping!!!!!
If you are looking for a sale, check this out. Buxom Cosmetics offer: New Babe — 15% Off Your Next Purchase When You Sign Up for Our Email List
Ms. Rachel Meghan Markle, soon to be wife and Duchess (we’re still gushing to figure out her official title after she marries Prince Henry (Harry) of Windsor, stepped out of her and Harry’s Range Rover meeting up with the Duke of Cambridge, William and Duchess of Cambridge Catherine, to embark on today’s events for the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey. Meghan rose to the occasions, as always, draped in an ensemble showcasing her already fashionable status.
Ms. Markle was a dream in a cream Amanda Wakeley coat. It was worn over a distinguished navy Amanda Wakeley dress and accessorized with a custom hat by, Stephen Jones. Meghan carried a small Mulberry Darley satchel. Meghan finalized the look in some heels that give us, Sex in the City, Carrie Bradshaw vibes, with her suede Manolo Blahnik pumps. Via Amanda Wakeley, “Meghan looking gorgeous in our Sculpted Tailoring Crombie Coat and Springsteen Tailored Midi Dress today at the Commonwealth Day Service.”
With all of this style happening, we will definitely have to take a day off from work in America to watch this festive wedding happening in a few months. Are you excited. I am!!!!!!
Have you listened to the @champagnepapi #masterpiece #album called #scorpion 👑 It’s everything you need in your life. I’ve listened to the entire album. #top12 #FashionLaneFavorites:
1. 8 out of 10 – when he knows he’s the good guy & the other guy should be grateful. Plies voice at the end is priceless.
2. Emotionless – 1st, anything with @mariahcarey vocals is a number one. When you’re tired of the BS, that’s the feeling of #emotionless
3. I’m Upset – how many people have ever been 💯 about their feelings. On this track, Drake is spot on! Gotta lotta blood and it’s cold. Can’t go 50/50 with a h. #epic
4. March 14 – when you know that person isn’t the one but you have to man up.
5. Final Fantasy – it’s an orgasmic fantasy with melodies only Drake can deliver.
6. In my feelings – nola bounce song that you can shake your a.. to. A good twerk song.
7. Nice for what – when you’re over the BS, plus the bounce added from #neworleans puts us all in our feelings 💕
8. Nonstop- when you know you a boss. I’m a unforgiving dog 🐕a•• // I felt that in my soul. Pinky ring, until I get a wedding ring: I don’t think ppl realize how deep that line is. Imagine you deciding that you’re over the bs, that your cooling until the #realonecomesalong👑
9. Summer Games- I feel we all know who this was about. Hopefully, that happy ending we want for Drake and 🥂will happen.
10. Jaded – honest emotions of honesty in a relationship.
11. Finesse- words all good girls want to hear from the favorite guy, you stay on my mind.
12. That’s how you feel- loving everything about this. When you can spot what the other person is doing #ohiseeyou
Overall, Drake delivers the goods we’re going to have a great time! Ps..Drake can we please have a full #randbalbum 🤞You’ve shown us the goods, and we need that R&B album.
#blogger @4373fashionlane 💁🏽♀️
Meghan looked stylish wearing a fitted green dress by one of her favourite designer’s Givenchy, which she accessorised with Strathberry Mid tote in tan. She kept her hair tied up in a low pony tail and her makeup natural. Harry, who appeared happy and relaxed by her side, was looking dapper in a suit.
The royal couple look glamorous as they touched down in Ireland and meet with dignitaries. More pictures to come of the royal couple and their trip in Ireland.
Nothing says southern charm like a #sundayinneworleans 🥂I am loving the parfumeur brand hoveparfumeur It’s Naturally and historically New Orleans on 434 Charters Street in New Orleans in the French Quarter in downtown New Orleans.
Blogger @4373fashionlane on:
Fb, Twitter, Tumblr & IG
The scent is #lavender #bubblebath #showergel #hoveparfumeur #4373fashionlane 🥂You can call and order. They will ship 🚢🖌
Many media outlets reporting that the couple are taking their next journey, parenthood, in baby steps. They royal schedules are full. They Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are eager to travel the Commonwealth countries for the Crown. They have placed their love for country, service and family in a very harmonious fashion. We are over the moon for them.
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, has a loyal season with his brother and now sister.
Follow us for more update on the royals by following us on all social media @4373fashionlane
When trying to decide what eyeshadow to use, we try to mix it up. Check out this video below and decide if this eye looks is for you.
#blogging @4373fashionlane #Repost @trendmood1
IT IS TIME! Here is the inside of the next super FUN COLORFUL #EyeshadowPalette 🙌🏼 Who is ready for #Coachella Season 2018 🌴🌸 and a NEW! #Collection by @bhcosmetics 🚨#BHFestival 🌄 includes 8 items!!! 3 different products!🌟
1. In pic: The Weekend Festival #EyeshadowPalette (20 Shades) $18 Different finishes
2. The Weekend Festival #BrushSet – 10 Piece $24🌟
Will be available ➡️ APRIL 6TH on their website⭐️
3. #Eyelights in 6 Shades $7 each 🚨 New Product
Will be available ➡️ APRIL 20TH on their website👩🏽💻
Posting swatches and the full collection soon
What are your thoughts?? ✌🏼🌴🌸 XO #Trendmood #bhcosmetics
#instabeauty #beauty #beautyaddict #cosmetics #bbloggers #bblogger #beautyaddict #beautyblog #beautycare #makeupart #makeupartist #makeupblogger #makeupobsessed #wakeupandmakeup #maquillaje #fashion
In a move to signify, a step closer to the wedding of 2018, Prince Harry and Ms. Rachel Meghan Markle have received the blessing from the Queen!!! via The Daily Mail:
The Queen has given her formal consent to the marriage of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle – using their real names, Henry and Rachel.
In a letter to the Privy Council, the monarch expressed her approval of the upcoming wedding between her ‘most dearly beloved grandson’ and his fiancee, 36.
A similar letter was signed by Her Majesty just one week before the 2011 wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
At a Privy Council meeting on Wednesday, the monarch made the declaration and will have signed a Great Seal of the Realm.
It read: ‘I declare My Consent to a Contract of Matrimony between My Most Dearly Beloved Grandson Prince Henry Charles Albert David of Wales and Rachel Meghan Markle, which Consent I am causing to be signified under the Great Seal and to be entered in the Books of the Privy Council.’
The first six people in the line of succession must have the Queen’s consent before they can marry on May 19, as set out by the Succession to the Crown Act 2013.
Should Prince Harry have married Meghan without the monarch’s approval, he and his descendants would be banned from ever ascending to the throne.
The act’s introduction saw sex removed as a determining factor in the line of succession, meaning Prince Harry is fifth-in-line behind Princess Charlotte.
A monarch’s permission has been sought for those in the line of succession since the 18th century.
Under the Royal Marriages Act 1772, all descendants of George II had to obtain the sovereign’s agreement before they wed, otherwise the marriage was invalid.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: ‘Her Majesty finally gave consent to the marriage of Prince Harry and Ms Meghan Markle under the Succession to the Crown Act by making a declaration at the meeting of the Privy Council on March 14, 2018.’
As if we were not already excited, the Queen used their first names and declared Harry as her, “most dearly beloved grandson.” Oh, the love. I am going to be in bed all day watching this splendid occasion. Bravo Prince Henry and Rachel.
Cute beauty brand, Colourpop Cosmetics has a few, well two of their fan favorite brush sets on sale. Here are some pictures below: The pictures show the brushes in the zoomed in and zoomed out look. Price was $23; now $17.25.
Tapered Blending Brush:
ANGLED EYE BRUSH:
MEDIUM DOME BRUSH
SMALL PENCIL BRUSH
Are you buying? Happy Shopping!
Good Morning Beauties,
- More details and #swatches from the #marcjacobsbeauty product launch 🚀 happening in April 2018.
- SWATCHES are below!! 🚨 ☀🌴🥥😍 THE NEW #EyeshadowPalette #Fantascene … will be $49.00.
- If you are a Sephora VIB this launch will not come in time for us to use the 15% off.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty is a fan favorite with their
- Coconut Collection 🥥🌴☀ with
- 💛💛💛💛RoseGold details ✨✨✨✨LimitedEdition. #piccredits📷 @trendmood1 #edit @4373fashionlane @4373beautylane 👩🏽💻 So many brands are launching and this is one I do not have, surprisingly, in my makeup dresser. I will add this most definitely.
We love a good sale!! #Via @trendmooddeal
#SaleTime!! 🚨💸💸Available NOW! Online @doseofcolors 40% off the Mint For You Collection. #ByeByeMoney 💸💸💸 What did you get? 💄💋XO #Trendmood #4373beautylane
#wakeupandmakeup #makeuplovers #makeupaddict #makeupartist #mua #instamakeup #bbloggers #makeupobsessed #4373beautylane
You can purchase at www.doseofcolors.com
❤️Here is all the info u need to know….UPDATE 🚨 ☀️🌴🥥😍@marcbeauty #Coconut #Collection 🥥🌴☀️ with #RoseGold details #LimitedEdition 💋Will be available ➡️ APRIL 24TH on their website & online @sephora / MAY 11TH in stores. ❤️The collection includes:
1. NEW! #EyeshadowPalette Eye-Conic in Fantascene $49
2. New Dew Drops Coconut Gel #Highlighter in Fantasy $44
3. Finish Line Perfecting Coconut Setting Powder in invisible $44 *not in pic
4. The O!Mega 104 Tan-Tastic! 🌞 it’s the perfect #Bronzer not too warm not too cool $49 👄Note: the rose gold detail packaging is LE *Bronzer (with silver detail) + Setting powder will be back later this year PERMANENT 😍
As for now all other items are LE (palette, drops) if that will change, we will update
What’s on your list??? 🙋🏼♀️💛✨ #Trendmood #sephora #marcjacobsbeauty #edits @4373fashionlane #blogger @4373beautylane 👩🏽💻
#motd #makeupoftheday #mua #ilovemakeup #makeup #makeupaddict #makeuplover #makeupblogger #makeuponpoint #onpoint #makeuplook #makeuplove #makeuptalk #makeuptutorial #makeuplover #makeupaddict #makeupaddiction #makeupdolls #onpoint
Happy March 2018 Loves,
Yesterday left me needing a short break and I forgot to up load the Wellness Wednesday post. I needed some much needed wellness care and was going to the gym. Unfortunately, Lambchop’s autism center called and told me his ABA (applied behavior analysis), therapist called in short notice and I needed to pick him up. Thus, cutting my gym time to a halt. I really needed that gym session yesterday. Also, my sitter cancelled on me for this weekend so, yea….I needed some mommie gymtime and my body is feeling the stress of the last few days.
Nevertheless, Lambchop did not get upset when I picked him up early. My wonderful husband made sure he had Chickfila, for snack time and Lambchop was busy eating that to notice the big change, thankfully. 🙂 We made it home through the mind boggling traffic in New Orleans to get to our little home and Lambchop ate, had a bath, played around, had reading time and off to bed he went.
I was able to sneak in a long bubble bath and finally relax a little until I was off to bed as well. ♥
I woke up this morning to my husband not remembering to set the alarm. Lambchop missed the school bus and husband was in super dad mode. Before I could say much, lol….they were out of the house and on their way to school and work. I was able to muster the little energy I had…(I woke up to sharp, muscle spasms). I did a little leg and back exercises before getting ready for work and out the door to teach I went. I made sure to take some tylenol before my day was to get hectic, because I am also a teacher and my high schoolers are just like my children as well, along with the personalities to match, lol!!
We’ll chat later.
Good Morning Loves,
Today is skincare sunday, fashion show watching on youtube and getting ready for this incoming work and mommyhood week with my Lambchop. I spent all day yesterday with my alumni association. I serve as president and I am building their stand alone alumni association website and I am their social media chairwoman. What can I say, I love social media, blogging and making sure I give back to my university local community.
Last night was Domino’s pizza, lemonade, and Netflix. Lambchop is spending the weekend with his Nana, so mommy has a little break until later on today. In today’s episode of Skincare Sunday. I am using my fan favorite: L’Oreal Pure-Clay Argile Mask (Red clay mask). When my skin is crying for an exfoliation, this is my go to mask. Thus, I am spending the rest of the day working out, blogging and relaxing.
I am in the 3rd day of the week after a long Mardi Gras week off and two days trying to get over a viral infection. I do not feel as if I had enough time to get better. Between taking care of my son, who has autism and is under me 24/7, to the demands of being a wife and house cleaner, I am exhausted. I am investing the time into taking naps when I get off of work, maintaining my blog and just trying to keep my head on straight. I was late for work this week, two days in a row 😦
Normally, I have my stuff together, but the last few weeks have been a little rough. So, what do I do?
1. Pray for release of the pressure.
2. Communicate my needs to my spouse.
3. Rely on him more to navigate the chores, I am too exhausted to take up.
4. Keep my son, Lambchop on his schedule, to relieve the pressure off of me.
5. Remind myself that it’s going to be ok.
6. Take naps daily.
7. Go to bed early.
8. Do not stress over things I cannot control.
9. Pray more.
10. Relax, Relate, Release.
Happy Wellness Wednesday,
Today I realized a few things:
- I sacrifice a lot for the ones I love.
- I don’t take out enough time for myself.
- I need more workout time for my physical fitness and preservation.
- I need to be more assertive to my spouse about needing me time.
- It’s ok to be selfish when you have to.
- Sunday’s Church Sermon was good.
- I haven’t received communion in a while. I’m going tonight.
- I am reclaiming my physical and spiritual time from my family. This is the only way I can preserve my mental health.
Be Blessed and comment below what you need to sacrifice for your mental and physical health 🧚🏽♀️
Blogging for 4373FASHIONLANE 👩🏽💻⚜