- Today’s court ruling by the Supreme Court has significant changes in the education of students with disabilities in American Public School.
- School districts in America, can no longer offer “the ‘merely more than de minimis’ test applied by the 10th Circuit.”
- This new ruling is a win for parents with students with disabilities.
- It makes having an IEP (Individual Education Plan), that goes beyond the mere basics of educating a child, but one that “must aim to enable the child to make progress.”
- Understanding of the Supreme Court Case.
This case is significant for parents with children with disabilities; such as myself, who aim to have standards and goals that meet the needs of the whole child.
Happy Sailing :0)