Happy February 2018:
Wowzers!! The year is going by faster than expected. A lot has happened since my last post. During that time, I was busy posting on my Instagram page, of the many fashion week likes I was feeling. I have changed the look of, 4373FASHIONLANE.COM. I enjoyed the last few days preparing for my experience riding on a Mardi Gras float with the, Mystic Krewe of Femme Fatale.
Here are some things I am working on this week and the next few days:
- Updating 4373beautylane on Instagram
- 4373beautylane, is a new instagram page, in which I wanted to highlight only beauty content. Additionally, I am learning the art of makeup and needed a place for women, such as myself, who do not want to continue spending hundreds of dollars having someone else applying our makeup, when we can accomplish this art on our own.
- There is so much I want to accomplish with the brand, 4373…however, I know that great content requires time and effort.
- I am a born and raised resident of New Orleans, and it’s carnival (Mardi Gras season), I parade (ride) with the Mystic Krewe of Femme Fatale. We are celebrating five wonderful years as the 1st African American all female krewe in the cities 300 year history. Mardi Gras originally began in the year 1700.
- The first krewe, was all white, male and rich. Women were not allowed to parade and women of color were in slavery, and not considered property.
- Even though we have the men of the Zulu Social Aid and Pleasure Club., women are not allowed voting privileges in these male dominated krewes.
- It warms my spirit to know that we now have an organization that appreciates the lives, work and dedication of African American, professional and educated women in the city of New Orleans.
- In the photos above, I decided I was not going to spend hundreds of dollars on hair and makeup. I styled on own hair and applied my own makeup. I think I did well for a beginner, MUA.
- As always, please check out the latest Instagram postings for 4373fashionlane.
Happy Mardi Gras Season!!!