- Happy Friday Loves,
- We are gearing up for the weekend, Mardi Gras and getting over a viral infection. I am on day 2 of being home sick. This morning I am still in recovery mode from being ill. My son’s school is out today.
- His school is celebrating Mardi Gras break a little early. I woke up around 8ish. Hubster was already gone to work. We have this routine that he leaves before our son and I because Lambchop (our son’s nickname), has Autism and separation anxiety. We tracked the anxiety triggers and are finding ways to work around it.
- I am a special education teacher and this step (tracking behavior triggers), is easy for me, 🙂
- We are doing well with Lambchop thus far.
- Breakfast: Pancakes, eggs, smoke sausage, milk, and juice.
- Lunch: Not sure what’s on the menu for that.
- Blog: I am always looking for ways to update the look and character of 4373fashionlane.com.
Pinterest: I am working on being better at adding blog postings and tidbits on the site. I have claimed the site on Pinterest, finally!!! xx.
- Today’s court ruling by the Supreme Court has significant changes in the education of students with disabilities in American Public School.
- School districts in America, can no longer offer “the ‘merely more than de minimis’ test applied by the 10th Circuit.”
- This new ruling is a win for parents with students with disabilities.
- It makes having an IEP (Individual Education Plan), that goes beyond the mere basics of educating a child, but one that “must aim to enable the child to make progress.”
- Understanding of the Supreme Court Case.
This case is significant for parents with children with disabilities; such as myself, who aim to have standards and goals that meet the needs of the whole child.
Happy Sailing :0)