CBS just gave us a few minutes ago another clip of their exclusive Oprah Winfrey interview with Meghan and Harry. What is disheartening about all of this is once again Meghan, Duchess of Sussex must defend herself while heavily pregnant 🤰🏻 You know she must be scared the stress will affect her. Any expecting mom who has miscarried in the past will tell you that the next pregnancy will have you on high alert.Continue reading
It’s been a long time since I’ve written a blog post. So many things have happened in our world. The most important thing about today is preserving our mental health.
Here is a playlist I’m listening to https://tidal.com/playlist/22a72083-9a0f-40c5-b305-10e092701764
Good Morning Beauties,
- More details and #swatches from the #marcjacobsbeauty product launch 🚀 happening in April 2018.
- SWATCHES are below!! 🚨 ☀🌴🥥😍 THE NEW #EyeshadowPalette #Fantascene … will be $49.00.
- If you are a Sephora VIB this launch will not come in time for us to use the 15% off.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty is a fan favorite with their
- Coconut Collection 🥥🌴☀ with
- 💛💛💛💛RoseGold details ✨✨✨✨LimitedEdition. #piccredits📷 @trendmood1 #edit @4373fashionlane @4373beautylane 👩🏽💻 So many brands are launching and this is one I do not have, surprisingly, in my makeup dresser. I will add this most definitely.
Today I realized a few things:
- I sacrifice a lot for the ones I love.
- I don’t take out enough time for myself.
- I need more workout time for my physical fitness and preservation.
- I need to be more assertive to my spouse about needing me time.
- It’s ok to be selfish when you have to.
- Sunday’s Church Sermon was good.
- I haven’t received communion in a while. I’m going tonight.
- I am reclaiming my physical and spiritual time from my family. This is the only way I can preserve my mental health.
Be Blessed and comment below what you need to sacrifice for your mental and physical health 🧚🏽♀️
Blogging for 4373FASHIONLANE 👩🏽💻⚜
February 15, 2018
Boxycharm Makeup Subscription Unboxing
- Today I will be taking you through the makeup unboxing of my Boxycharm subscription. How cute is the #feb2018 #boxycharm #boxymail ⚜️I’m loving this #boxycharmglow 👩🏽💻I cannot wait to play with everything @nakedcosmetics @coverfx @vintagecosmetics @purcosmetics @crownbrush
- I have been a subscriber to Boxycharm for over a year. I also subscribe to, IPSY, Allure and Sephora. I will post more on these makeup boxes in 2018. Here is a look inside. Please let me know your thoughts in the comments about makeup boxes. Have you tried any yes or no and why or why not!
Of course, I will be testing these in the coming weeks and keep you posted.
Happy Sunday Loves,
We are gearing up for the an exciting Mardi Gras here in New Orleans. However, I received an email about this wonderful deal at Jouercosmetics.com. I am a huge fan of CZ Jouer. I follow her on IG and Snapchat. She is very informative and descriptive about her brand and company. She also teaches you the correct application techniques for her products. Here are some of the items and prices from their Skinny Dip Collection:
- The Skinny Dip Foil Eyeshadow Palette retails for $40.00, but with the code: skinnydip, you will get 30% off.
- Free shipping is available on all domestic orders.
Here is a slide show of the other items and prices available in the Skinny Dip Collection♥
Here is an image of the collection when I purchased it on its first launch last June 2017.
So, you can tell that I am in need of at least a new highlighter from Jouer Cosmetics. Have you purchased from this brand? If so, what did you purchase. Make sure you visit their site. I am not sponsored by any brands, so this s me just giving you some perspective from a brand I love.
- You understand the drill, wake up, go to work, feel sick, go to the doctor, come home. Next day, the same thing. Well today, I am home with an upper respiratory infection and fever. It’s really crazy how much of a difference going to an Urgent care clinic is from going to the emergency room. Plus, it’s cheaper to go to the urgent care clinic versus going to the ER. I am stuck for two days in bed.
- Am I sad!!! No way, Mardi Gras 2018 is next week and school is out for the entire week, next week. I have began my Mardi Gras 2018 holiday two days early. The only down turn is my students were working on their Mardi Gras Shoebox Floats and of course, I miss them.
- This morning my Instagram, postings are up. Of course you will see more but on that I am loving early this morning is from the fashion doll and wife of Media Mogul Steve Harvey, is Marjorie Harvey. Her social media is the bomb.com in a good way. Her fashion eye is first class.
- Next, Lady Oprah is serving Love in her SuperSoulSessions and SuperSoulConversations events.
- Another person is having the time of her life. This is the actress Yara Shahidi. Here she is with Lady O, that is Oprah Winfrey and Oprah Super Soul Conversations event at the Apollo Theater:
Good Evening Loves,
- Here in New Orleans we spent our day inside looking at the news about the black ice, closed schools and shut down city. We are at freezing levels down here.
- I am so glad we have to stay inside today. I wanted to take off from work yesterday and hunker down, but I remembered I was doing a lesson on the history of Mardi Gras and yesterday was king cake day for all of my B day classes.
- I purchased king cakes from Joe Gambinos bakery in Metairie, Louisiana.
- My students loved their king cake and had a blast learning about the history of it. Some students got the baby and are now tasked with bring the next king cake, which is a Mardi Gras tradition.
- Thus, I am home today due to the weather issues and I am glad about it. My classroom is cold. We have an open campus, by design and when the students enter my building, because I am on the end of the hall, I get the cold or hot drafts blown into my classroom. UGH!!!
Now let’s chat about Tarte Cosmetics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I posted a previous post about Tarte Cosmetics and their down right disrespect of women and men of color, in their non release of inclusive shades of their, Shape Tape Foundations. See the link to the article by Allure Magazine on it here.
- After looking and watching makeup reviews from Jackie Aina, MakeupShayla and Alyssa Ashleyy, I am once again determined to use my blog to speak out against the injustice of makeup companies who refuse to include people of color in their branding, campaigns, ads and public relations of their products.
- Here are some of the comments posted on facebook from people on social media about this debacle:
Here is the response from Tarte Cosmetics:
I just unsubscribed from the company. I am no longer going to purchase anything from them. It’s just unbelievable. I do not for one moment believe them. If they were sincere, why turn off the comments on Instagram:
See! Tarte Cosmetics, you are busted. Yes, customers will purchase your products. However, I will not.
Of course, it’s was just a matter of time before the queen of makeup, was the launch more items and combinations that would make our hearts sing. Makeup lovers have been blown away by the makeup queen of 2017: Rihanna Fenty! Yes! Fenty is Rihanna’s last name.
- This combo includes the Killawatt Highlighter and the Gloss Bomb Lip gloss
- It’s called a mini, lip/face set
- The price is $23.00
- It’s the first combo & mini product released from Fenty Beauty
- Sold exclusively at Sephora
For more information and details check out the link and follow 4373fashionlane for me news you can use⚜️
- To set this up for you, first it will set your home forward $590.00.
- It will set your pocket book back 590 bucks.
- It’s all semantics depending on how deep your pocket are. If I could find one on QVC or HSN and use flex pay, it would pass the mustard rightly so.
- There are a few diffusers on hsn.com, with flex pay that can give you the same bang for your buck.
- Here is one from Tony Little that is on flex pay that’s cute.
Fragrances routinely waft in and out of Vogue’s Beauty department, but when it comes to the subtle leathery scent of Le Labo’s cult Santal 26—no matter what deadlines are looming or phones are ringing—even the most discerning of noses perk up. So imagine the delight when the label’s new home diffuser, which emits a steady stop-you-in-your-tracks-it-smells-so-good stream of the cult eau, arrived at the office.
Made from Northeast maple wood, a type of marked-up golden brown lumber that is often cast aside for bonfires, the one-of-a-kind scent-spreader transforms the rich fragrance oil, by way of a built-in nebulizer, into a fine mist. But, of course, it doesn’t stop there: Each handmade showpiece also comes equipped with a vintage lightbulb that, with a twist of a silver knob, simultaneously lets off a warm amber glow. A simple desk lamp that doubles as a luxurious perfume? Now that’s a gift too good to give.
Le Labo Santal 26 Home Diffuser, $590
Buy it now
The struggle of the 6-8 week relaxer treatments for women of color is an ongoing struggle. I love my straight edges. However, I do not like the chemical burns, relaxer smell and the new growth. I have been wearing extensions, since August. I love them but hate the price. I took them out last night. I do not like the inability to take them out and wash my hair thoroughly on a weekly basis.
I am trying to figure out the next wave. Do I go back to the wigs and extensions, or do I take the jump to wearing my natural hair. Decisions!!!!!!!
Please check out some pictures of my past looks with my hair choices. Let me know what you think. I love the flexibility of wearing wigs and extensions. A woman always has a choice to change things up.
Make up Forever Artist Palette Volume 3 is now on sale. It was originally $44, now $34. That’s a nice drop in price. With all of the new brand roll out happening this month and next month. Heck, through out this summer and into the fall. I am sure there will be more items we have always wanted this makeup season but were to sticker shy to pull the credit card out for.
Here are some details from Sephora.com about the palette.
What it is:
A collectible, makeup palette with eight must-have Artist Shadow formulas and one blush in fresh, neutral, and softly colorful shades.
What it does:
The palette features easy-to-use, Artist Shadows with blush and eye shades for endless eye looks that range from beautifully natural to subtly bright. With its advanced gel-powder formula infused with ultrafine pigments, each shade leaves a smooth, even finish that leaves lids ultra-saturated with highly-blendable, lasting color. These shades are organized in trios so you can effortlessly create emerald, nude, and orchid looks. It includes an illustrated, step-by-step application techniques by MAKE UP FOR EVER’s founder and creative director, Dany Sanz, to help you sweep on a number of artist-inspired eye looks.
This palette contains:
– 9 x 0.05 oz in Artist Shadow shades ME-230 Peacock Blue, D-236 Lagoon Blue, S-404 Straw Yellow, I-544 Pink Granite, ME-512 Golden Beige, ME-930 Black Purple, I-918 Lavender, I-528 Pearl, and I-804 Golden Pink
– Step-by-step guide
What else you need to know:
The following color was created for use on cheeks: I-804 Golden Pink.
I love the colors. I love the price even more.
Happy Shopping ♦
No one does Carnival like New Orleans! That said, the season has began for Krewes in our beloved city of New Orleans! Sunday was the Mystic Krewe of Femme Fatales, 2nd Annual Sippin Mimosas Brunch & Silent Auction. Of course your residents Fashion Doll was in attendance and looking good #facebeat!
- MAC: Foundation & Concealer
- Elf cosmetics moisturizer
- Dior face cream
- Elfcosmetics liquid eyeshadows & mascara
- Lips: Lashedbyblacchyna, ColourPop
- Bronzer: MAC
- HIghlighter: Becca Champagne Pop
- Eyeliner: Revlon
As you can see my makeup application brands are diverse this week. Everyone deserves a chance. The BECCA Champagne Pop is a winner and MAC cheek bronzer and mineral power is fantastic. Elf cosmetics liquid eyeshadow is nice. The MAC foundation & concealer in NW50 is heaven on my face.
Of course I blended my neck as well. My pearl earrings were a gift from myself & peral necklace is a Christmas gift my younger brother gave me years ago. My hat is from Dillards and Dress (I can’t remember😂).
My shoes are from hsn.com.
We enjoyed ourselves to the fullest! If you are ever in New Orleans and you want to enjoy Sunday Brunch, head over to the Le Pavillion Hotel on Poydras Street. I had Sunday Brunch there for my 37th Birthday Celebration, last year👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽