CBS just gave us a few minutes ago another clip of their exclusive Oprah Winfrey interview with Meghan and Harry. What is disheartening about all of this is once again Meghan, Duchess of Sussex must defend herself while heavily pregnant 🤰🏻 You know she must be scared the stress will affect her. Any expecting mom who has miscarried in the past will tell you that the next pregnancy will have you on high alert.Continue reading
It’s been a long time since I’ve written a blog post. So many things have happened in our world. The most important thing about today is preserving our mental health.
Here is a playlist I’m listening to https://tidal.com/playlist/22a72083-9a0f-40c5-b305-10e092701764
I am in the 3rd day of the week after a long Mardi Gras week off and two days trying to get over a viral infection. I do not feel as if I had enough time to get better. Between taking care of my son, who has autism and is under me 24/7, to the demands of being a wife and house cleaner, I am exhausted. I am investing the time into taking naps when I get off of work, maintaining my blog and just trying to keep my head on straight. I was late for work this week, two days in a row 😦
Normally, I have my stuff together, but the last few weeks have been a little rough. So, what do I do?
1. Pray for release of the pressure.
2. Communicate my needs to my spouse.
3. Rely on him more to navigate the chores, I am too exhausted to take up.
4. Keep my son, Lambchop on his schedule, to relieve the pressure off of me.
5. Remind myself that it’s going to be ok.
6. Take naps daily.
7. Go to bed early.
8. Do not stress over things I cannot control.
9. Pray more.
10. Relax, Relate, Release.
Happy Wellness Wednesday,
Today I realized a few things:
- I sacrifice a lot for the ones I love.
- I don’t take out enough time for myself.
- I need more workout time for my physical fitness and preservation.
- I need to be more assertive to my spouse about needing me time.
- It’s ok to be selfish when you have to.
- Sunday’s Church Sermon was good.
- I haven’t received communion in a while. I’m going tonight.
- I am reclaiming my physical and spiritual time from my family. This is the only way I can preserve my mental health.
Be Blessed and comment below what you need to sacrifice for your mental and physical health 🧚🏽♀️
Blogging for 4373FASHIONLANE 👩🏽💻⚜
ROSES ARE RED
VIOLETS ARE BLUE
TODAY IS ABOUT LOVE
AND I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
There is nothing more poignant than spending Valentine’s Day with the loves of your life. My husband and son are those persons. They bring me a whirlwind of emotions on a daily basis, lol! Nevertheless, we as wives and mothers would not have it any other way. So, on this Valentine’s Day 2018, I wish you nothing but smiles, heart flutters and butterflies.
Happy Valentine’s Day ♥
- Happy Friday Loves,
- We are gearing up for the weekend, Mardi Gras and getting over a viral infection. I am on day 2 of being home sick. This morning I am still in recovery mode from being ill. My son’s school is out today.
- His school is celebrating Mardi Gras break a little early. I woke up around 8ish. Hubster was already gone to work. We have this routine that he leaves before our son and I because Lambchop (our son’s nickname), has Autism and separation anxiety. We tracked the anxiety triggers and are finding ways to work around it.
- I am a special education teacher and this step (tracking behavior triggers), is easy for me, 🙂
- We are doing well with Lambchop thus far.
- Breakfast: Pancakes, eggs, smoke sausage, milk, and juice.
- Lunch: Not sure what’s on the menu for that.
- Blog: I am always looking for ways to update the look and character of 4373fashionlane.com.
Pinterest: I am working on being better at adding blog postings and tidbits on the site. I have claimed the site on Pinterest, finally!!! xx.
This topic is a little different. I was on fb and came across this video of a reality star (season 1: Atlanta Housewife). See clip of video 👉🏽👉🏽👉🏽👉🏽👉🏽👉🏽Lisa Wu was discussing how she found out her ex husband was getting married. 👈🏽👈🏽👈🏽👈🏽👈🏽👈🏽👈🏽 They share an 8yr old son together. Can you co parent, fashionable?
She has clearly, on the surface, moved on. The question is: can we work for the betterment of our children the fashionable way?
Lioness Stargazer 💞
I am always appreciative when I am able to be blessed to attend events. You never know who you will meet. My truck was hit and I have been struggling. However, I pushed my way through and met my cousin Ceral Ann at the Windsor Court Hotel for her birthday celebration. While there, in walks Lady Oprah Winfrey. She blessed us wih her presence and took selfies with us; as well as, a group picture. There were only two parties in the room: ours and hers😎😍 She was gracious, kind and mother like. I had a chat with her.
Me: I am happy to see you. I know you love educators and I am one.
Lady O: what do you teach?
Me: I am a special education teacher.
Lady O: smiles happily and we take a selfie.
Me: my face was all big and goofy, due to my excitement. I didn’t pose at all. Chin fat showing and all, lol! But it was Lady Oprah Winfrey💞 She looks like we could be daughter and mother.