CBS just gave us a few minutes ago another clip of their exclusive Oprah Winfrey interview with Meghan and Harry. What is disheartening about all of this is once again Meghan, Duchess of Sussex must defend herself while heavily pregnant 🤰🏻 You know she must be scared the stress will affect her. Any expecting mom who has miscarried in the past will tell you that the next pregnancy will have you on high alert.Continue reading
It’s been a long time since I’ve written a blog post. So many things have happened in our world. The most important thing about today is preserving our mental health.
Here is a playlist I’m listening to https://tidal.com/playlist/22a72083-9a0f-40c5-b305-10e092701764
Today I realized a few things:
- I sacrifice a lot for the ones I love.
- I don’t take out enough time for myself.
- I need more workout time for my physical fitness and preservation.
- I need to be more assertive to my spouse about needing me time.
- It’s ok to be selfish when you have to.
- Sunday’s Church Sermon was good.
- I haven’t received communion in a while. I’m going tonight.
- I am reclaiming my physical and spiritual time from my family. This is the only way I can preserve my mental health.
Be Blessed and comment below what you need to sacrifice for your mental and physical health 🧚🏽♀️
Blogging for 4373FASHIONLANE 👩🏽💻⚜
- Happy Friday Loves,
- We are gearing up for the weekend, Mardi Gras and getting over a viral infection. I am on day 2 of being home sick. This morning I am still in recovery mode from being ill. My son’s school is out today.
- His school is celebrating Mardi Gras break a little early. I woke up around 8ish. Hubster was already gone to work. We have this routine that he leaves before our son and I because Lambchop (our son’s nickname), has Autism and separation anxiety. We tracked the anxiety triggers and are finding ways to work around it.
- I am a special education teacher and this step (tracking behavior triggers), is easy for me, 🙂
- We are doing well with Lambchop thus far.
- Breakfast: Pancakes, eggs, smoke sausage, milk, and juice.
- Lunch: Not sure what’s on the menu for that.
- Blog: I am always looking for ways to update the look and character of 4373fashionlane.com.
Pinterest: I am working on being better at adding blog postings and tidbits on the site. I have claimed the site on Pinterest, finally!!! xx.
- You understand the drill, wake up, go to work, feel sick, go to the doctor, come home. Next day, the same thing. Well today, I am home with an upper respiratory infection and fever. It’s really crazy how much of a difference going to an Urgent care clinic is from going to the emergency room. Plus, it’s cheaper to go to the urgent care clinic versus going to the ER. I am stuck for two days in bed.
- Am I sad!!! No way, Mardi Gras 2018 is next week and school is out for the entire week, next week. I have began my Mardi Gras 2018 holiday two days early. The only down turn is my students were working on their Mardi Gras Shoebox Floats and of course, I miss them.
- This morning my Instagram, postings are up. Of course you will see more but on that I am loving early this morning is from the fashion doll and wife of Media Mogul Steve Harvey, is Marjorie Harvey. Her social media is the bomb.com in a good way. Her fashion eye is first class.
- Next, Lady Oprah is serving Love in her SuperSoulSessions and SuperSoulConversations events.
- Another person is having the time of her life. This is the actress Yara Shahidi. Here she is with Lady O, that is Oprah Winfrey and Oprah Super Soul Conversations event at the Apollo Theater:
- Gone are the days where it was just a boys will be boys situation in the arena of sexual harassment.
- The hammer is coming down hard and swift for these men who have, possibly for years, (in some cases), treated men and women like physical ping pons for their perverted pleasures.
- Matt Lauer is the latest in a long line of men who have been fired because, allegedly, they could not keep their mouth close and hands in their pockets.
- We are still awaiting the exact details of the situation, but ABC Executive Andy Lack, let the hammer fall fast on Lauer.
- Off with their heads!!!!!
Keep up with http://www.4373fashionlane.com, for more news, information and happenings ♥
The struggle of the 6-8 week relaxer treatments for women of color is an ongoing struggle. I love my straight edges. However, I do not like the chemical burns, relaxer smell and the new growth. I have been wearing extensions, since August. I love them but hate the price. I took them out last night. I do not like the inability to take them out and wash my hair thoroughly on a weekly basis.
I am trying to figure out the next wave. Do I go back to the wigs and extensions, or do I take the jump to wearing my natural hair. Decisions!!!!!!!
Please check out some pictures of my past looks with my hair choices. Let me know what you think. I love the flexibility of wearing wigs and extensions. A woman always has a choice to change things up.
PORTABLE HIGHLIGHTER BRUSH | FENTY BEAUTY
This video above features music sensation, fashion designer, creator and founder, Rihanna of Fenty Beauty. Take a look as she demonstrates the portable highlighter brush. It is magnetized and interchangeable. She also let’s you see the highlighting shimmer, which is wonderful as well.
Dear Makeup Dolls & Kens,
Today, or rather at midnight this morning, Rihanna took the beauty community by storm by launching her makeup line. No! I did not order anything yet. I am going into the store. I want to sit at a mirror, have my foundation perfectly matched and buy until I can’t anymore. I am giving Rihanna everything, the makeup community has not given me: choice. As much as I love other brands, they do not (on purpose), cater to women of warmer skin tones. If you are honest with me, they do not cater to women of extreme fairer skin complexions either. We all fall victim to the drama or fair complexion representation, in the makeup community.
I am excited for Rihanna, as if she were my own sister, taking the world by storm. She is completing this not only through her music and fashions, but through her makeup collection. Bravo! Rihanna. There has not been a woman of color doing this since IMAN. Tyra Banks has done this. However, it is not on the full fledge scale as RiRi. Her music, fashions and now makeup will give the little girls all over the world optimism. Rihanna is the island woman that we love and that dry and island love is coming to a Sephora, near you!!!!